Monday, July 3, 2006

Head Lube


I'm in Shoppers Drug Mart the other day for something that I just can't remember ... it always seems that I originally intend to purchase 3-4 items but end up leaving with only 1, not realizing until I'm home that I missed the other items.

I'm browsing through the the men's grooming section ... which by the way isn't with the rest of the guys stuff. Why is that? Intentional? I have to browse through the entire store trying to find the item I need. Ever notice how many different brands of women's hygiene products there are? And how many frikken variations of Tylenol are out there? One for the morning, one for night, one for colds, one for flu, etc.

So I'm over at the shaving cream section, and what catches my eye but a bright yellow bottle with the words "HEAD LUBE" on it. My mind starts to wander, "why isn't this in the section with the condoms and KY gelly?". Gee, catchy name. Upon further inspection I find out that it's for guys who shave their heads. Fancy that, a shaving cream for balding men.

Yes, that's right. I said it. I can't see anybody shaving their head for a reason other than the fact that they have little or no hair, and want to hide the receding hairline. I've been a little envious that I can't look like Vin Diesel or Howie Mandel, but I've been blessed with a full head of hair like a mop. Granted, that hair has it's price, I have the head the size of a watermelon.

The next time you're in a Shoppers Drug Mart, just peruse the aisles to find out what kind of products are out there. You'll find some strange items, and perhaps you'll notice the personal massager on the top shelf above the condoms.

No comments: