Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Flickr feature - sets & collections within your groups


I've been a frequent user to Flickr but only recently splurged for the Pro account to increase my photostream. It's great to be able to use Flickr as an offsite backup for my digital photos but now I am starting to get into the more advanced features of the service.

I've got plenty of photos of family and family events and I would like to share them with specific family members - hence the Flickr "group" feature. Create a Flickr group, specify who can join, and voila! Family members can now view and upload their own photos.

But I've quickly come to the realization that a group is not useful unless it has the same collection and set functionality as your regular photostream. I'd like to create a family group for all my relatives to view - and within it create sets of different family events. I'd also like to organize all my family events by year in a collection.

Anyone at Flickr listening?

No comments: