Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Thank you Oilers for a truly exciting Stanley Cup!


Thank you Edmonton Oilers for a truly exciting Stanley Cup playoff run. I have never had so much jaw-breaking, edge-of-my-seat, on-my-toes excitement in any Stanley cup I watched. Every minute of every game was worth watching, both wins and losses.

Although I don't think you "got your groove" until the 3rd period of game #7, and personally I think MacTavish pulled Jussi Markkanen just a touch too early. I still think that if you were given an extra 45 seconds you quite possibly could have tied up the game.

Special mention should go out to Jussi Markkanen for picking up where Dwayne Roloson had left off during his accident before being forced out with an injury.

But one thing bothers me. Perhaps because Edmonton was my favourite, but I strongly believe that the Edmonton players "wanted" the Stanley Cup more than the Hurricanes.

No comments: